Note: Washington Service Corps does not provide transportation for its members; however, your project site may. Inquire with your supervisor.
Depending on the area in which you’re serving, public transportation options can vary. See below for those most commonly used.
- Purchase an ORCA card or Smart card – you can pre-load funds for individual trips or a monthly pass (note: not all transit systems accept these cards; confirm in advance)
Bus transit system
- Click here to view route maps and schedules by county and major city
- Sound Transit also has the “ST Express” bus routes serving Pierce, King and Snohomish counties
Trains and light rail
- The Sounder train runs between Pierce and Snohomish counties, and is a popular mode of transportation between the major cities of Tacoma, Seattle and Everett.
- Link light rail lines run through downtown Tacoma and between downtown Seattle and SeaTac airport.
- The Amtrak Cascades line runs from Vancouver B.C. to Eugene, OR with 16 stops in between, including major cities like Everett, Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia and Portland (and it’s not as expensive as you might think).