The Washington Service Corps is unique in its program design and history:
- we are one of the few AmeriCorps intermediaries in the nation with more than 30 years’ experience in community service;
- we’re an intermediary successfully running multiple programs statewide;
- our WSC AmeriCorps program spans several different focus areas, including disaster preparedness, economic opportunity, education, environmental stewardship, healthy futures, and veterans & military families.
What do we offer our partners?
- Training and technical assistance: Throughout the program year, we offer training to site supervisors through in-person sessions and online webinars on topics such as member support, performance measurement and program compliance. Through on-site visits, phone conferences and email, our Program Coordinators are here to support each project’s success.
- Media outreach of special service projects and events: Through our online resources (website, Facebook and Twitter) and news releases, we can help spread the word about service projects or events related to our partners’ AmeriCorps programs.
- Highly competitive member placement fees: Given the size of our programs, we’re able to keep placement fees relatively low.
What do we offer our AmeriCorps members?
- Training: In addition to an orientation webinar and other webinars held throughout the program year, we provide an annual training conference for members in our individual placement and Washington Reading Corps programs, and we ensure members in our teams program receive high-quality training through their project site.
- Health insurance and a child care assistance program.
- Direct support from our staff through on-site visits, email and phone conferences.
- An experience of a lifetime!