- Requires a three-year commitment from your organization coinciding with our three-year grant cycle with the Corporation for National & Community Service
- 5 or more members can be awarded to your organization
- Members must serve full time: 40 hours per week for 10.5 months, and completion of 1,700 hours during their term of service
- You are responsible for providing project orientation, WSC core competency training, direct supervisory support, mentorship, and skill-building throughout the program year
In return for your investment in the WSC AmeriCorps program, your member(s) will come with a passion for serving others and making a difference in your community, while wanting to learn skills they can use in their professional career.
Your members will be eligible for WSC health care coverage, a monthly living allowance, and -upon successful completion of a service term- an education award.
Where does your project fit?
Each project must address critical, pressing needs of the local community, focused on one of the following areas:
- Disaster Services (disaster preparedness training and education)
- Economic Opportunity (adult basic education; job skills training; financial literacy)
- Education (K-12 academic improvement or engagement through tutoring)
- Environmental Stewardship (education and outreach; habitat restoration)
- Healthy Futures (education in nutrition and healthy behaviors; healthcare access, insurance and benefit programs; assisting seniors or disabled adults with access to meals, transportation or other services)
- Veterans and Military Families (recruitment of veterans as community volunteers; providing services or resource referrals to veterans in need)
Who is eligible to be a WSC Team-based partner?
The following types of organizations are eligible to apply:
- Nonprofit organizations; 501 (c)(3) organizations (community and faith-based organizations are encouraged to apply)
- Schools: school districts, educational service districts, colleges, universities, alternative schools and others
- Local government agencies and tribal nations
Want to apply to become a WSC Team-based partner?
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2015-18 program cycle. To be notified of our request for applications for the 2018-21 program cycle, please email us at email@example.com.